A little-known statistic is that semi-trucks are less 2 percent of all the vehicles on the roadway, yet they are the cause nearly 8 percent of all vehicular accidents. The bigger problem than just that fact is that semi-trucks and tractor-trailers that do have accidents with cars have truly devastating injuries. Most truck accidents cause serious injuries to all the occupants of the car they hit, this is because a fully loaded semi-truck will weigh over 40 tons, compare that with the average car which is less than 2 tons. We all know who the winner of that collision will be.
Rosengren, Kohlmeyer & Hagen, Law Office handles a wide range of truck accidents which involve serious injuries or wrongful death. Our firm has the ability and to investigate your truck accident claim and can quickly determine if you have a viable case that can result in you being compensated for your injury.
Some common areas that need to be investigated in truck accident cases are:
- Cargo: Trucks that contain hazardous materials can cause severe casualties if the load catches fire or leaks. If the load does leak and catch fire the results are almost always catastrophic due to the high heat and volume of flammable material.
- Weather conditions: Snow, icy roads, sleet, rain, and even smoke can be contributing factors that absolutely must be looked at as it can impact the value of your case.
- Failure to yield to stop signs: Due to their size it’s important to determine if the vehicle even saw the car and perhaps didn’t yield.
- Unsecured or improperly secured cargo: Cargo or the loads, as they are called, on semi-trucks need to be secured in a very particular way. Semi-Truck Drivers are responsible for checking their loads several times during their drive. If they don’t do this they may be liable if any of the cargo falls off and injures someone or if the load shifts and it causes the semi-truck to roll over there may be liability issues.
- Semi-Truck Rollovers: If the Semi-Truck does a rollover, tires, loads, as well as mechanical components need to be investigated.
How We Handle Truck Accident Cases.
The way we handle truck accident cases is to work quickly to identify all of the responsible parties, this may be the vehicle owner or the driver of the vehicle. Often times the issue of who will pay is a complex issue and we need to investigate this very early. At Rosengren , Kohlmeyer & Hagen Law Office we will immediately get on top of the case and find how we can recover damages.
Experience And Reputation Of Your Truck Accident Lawyer Count
The lawyers of Rosengren, Kohlmeyer & Hagen, law office has been 10.0 Avvo Rated attorney for years. Our firm has received numerous awards including SuperLawyer, Rising Star, Top 10 Up and Coming Attorneys.
What to do if you are involved in a truck accident?
1) Seek immediate medical care and follow up with your physician’s recommendations for your treatment, including attending any physical therapy.
2) Stay calm, take pictures, take audio, and video. While you may feel silly, feel free to pull out your iPhone and start recording, remember the accident site will be cleaned up shortly and you may never get an opportunity to take pictures and videos again.
3) take pictures of skid marks, road debris, and property damage. You should try and take the pictures events before any vehicles are moved before victims are taken out of their vehicles and before other drivers try to cover up what they did.
4) take pictures of any landmarks which can be reference points later. Don’t just create close-ups.
You should not only take photographs of your vehicle but also document damage to other vehicles in the accident, even if the other vehicles were only incidental to the collision. Take photographs of damage to both vehicles, obtain names and contact information of all potential witnesses. Be sure to take down license plate numbers and the names and other contact information of other drivers and copies of other eyewitness photos too.
Meet Your Mankato Personal Injury Lawyers
A driver high on crystal meth crossed the centerline and killed a father of two while he was standing at the bus stop, filing suit Mr. Kohlmeyer received policy limits within 60 days of the demand as well as recovered thousands of other dollars in the dead man's own insurance policy.Outcome